A Sweet Collar
A Go-Anywhere Bag
A Higher Waist
Some Skin, Not Too Much
Night Mixed With Day
1. The designer dress that cost more than a month’s rent. But-damn, girl!-it looked amazing!
2. Both of your prom dresses, and maybe even what you wore underneath.
3. Your wedding dress, alive in your imagination even if you haven’t had a wedding yet.
4. The perfect black v-neck that you borrowed and never gave back.
5. Every single piece of maternity clothing you wore. All. Those. Months.
6. The expensive, scandalous lingerie meant to last one wearing only. Success!
7. That first pair of real heels-wobble wobble. Also, your first bra, size 30AAA.
8. The boring suit that got you the amazing job.
9. The pair of running sneakers that you actually (proudly!) wore a hole through.
10. The seatbelt that saved your life.
Dress To Shop
Wearing skinny jeans or a skirt makes it easier to try on shoes and boots.
Check Yourself Out
Look in a full-length mirror, not the little shoe ones, to get a complete picture.
Ask Yourself: Toesies Safe?
When buying open-toed shoes, always make sure the front fits snugly. You don’t want your toes gripping on for dear life.
Use Your Living Room as a Test Track
Get used to walking around in heels at home. Don’t choose ones that terrify you. Work your way up to those stratospheric heights.
When in Doubt, Wear a Pump
They always look good, and will be your go-to shoes for everything.
Trade Basic Black…
…for a basic nude, because it always elongates the leg.
Ignore The Rules…
…about “appropriate” daytime footwear.
Truth: Ankle Straps Aren’t For Everyone
If you have strong calves or thighs, it’s not the best look. Stick to a pump for leaner, longer legs.